Want to try something new this winter? Find out where the trails are and give snowmobiling a try!
Although two-night plus cottage rentals may not be ideal for avid snowmobilers, families looking to bring their kids to the trails or get their spouse on a sled for a day or two may have better luck if they get a vacation out of the deal!
Whether you’re bringing your own snowmobiles or renting them, a vacation rental offers a great home base to try out this family-fun activity.
CLRM has several properties in our inventory that have attracted snowmobilers in the past and are sure to do so again this winter! So, find out where the trails are and go snowmobiling!
Please remember, when planning to snowmobile at one of our properties, to let us know and include the snowmobiles on your list of vehicles.
Why do we need to know this? Here are a few reasons:
- We need to confirm there is enough parking at the property for all cars, trucks as well as trailers and the snowmobiles themselves.
- Some properties are very close to groomed trails, while others are a bit further away. We can make help make recommendations based on your needs.
- Some cottage roads ban the use of snowmobiles/ATVs, etc. Therefore, this is important to know when you’re booking a cottage very close to the trails, but still need to tow the sleds to the trail itself.
If you’re hoping to introduce family or friends to the sport, please remember to pack all the required safety equipment or arrange rentals prior to heading up to the cottage. Although there are places to rent both snowmobiles and safety equipment, they are far and few between, so it’s best to arrange this before or as soon as you book your cottage rental.
Here are Our Top 5 Snowmobile Tips:
- Purchase your OFSC Trail Permit before you jump on your sled.
- Must have either a valid driver’s license or motorized snow vehicle operator’s license.
- Make sure the snowmobile is registered with the Ministry of Transportation and have proper insurance.
- Make sure you have all safety equipment packed or on hold for rental before you head up to the cottage.
- If you want to rent a snowmobile to give it a try, we have a few links at the bottom of the page for companies that offer rentals.
Please note – Grand River Conservation Area trails are not accessible this winter. For more information about this, please check-out the link at the bottom of this post).
Here are some loops Ontario has to offer:
Dobson’s Dam has been with us for over 10 years and is in the heart of District 9 in the Bruce Peninsula/Lake Huron region of Ontario. Without leaving the property you can practice right on the owner’s 5km farm where the trails are groomed by the owner himself. When you’re ready, within one mile of the cottage you can access 2900km of OFSC (Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs) groomed trails, broken down into 5 daily loops.
Magnetawan Cottage on Newell Lake in the heart of Muskoka. With the OFSC trails at the doorstep and plenty of parking for trucks, trailers and snowmobiles, this is a great cottage to book if you want to spend some time sledding this winter!
Brown’s Mazinaw Breeze on Mazinaw Lake in Eastern Ontario is right on the Mazinaw Powerline OFSC Distrcit 2, which is the main 101E trail. A daytrip to Calabogie offers many day activities including snow tubing, skiing, restaurants and more! With Bon Echo Provincial Park and the Bon Echo Rock nearby there’s something for everyone!
Check-out some additional CLRM properties that offer snowmobiling trails nearby:
Mapleview is a popular winter property in Eastern Ontario on Little Marble Lake! It is both near snowmobile trails, and has enough parking to accommodate trucks and snowmobile trailers. This beautiful property even has a hot tub available throughout the winter season.
Star Bay Hollow is a cozy 2-bedroom property in the Kawartha Lakes, just off Lake Scugog, that offers trails nearby and enough parking for a truck and snowmobile trailer.
Laurentian Serenity is a great 4-season property only 30 minutes from all the activities Mt Tremblant has to offer. With snowmobile trails nearby you can use the cottage as your home base and visit all the winter attractions easily with your sled!
Don’t forget to purchase your 2020 OFSC Trail Permit before you jump on your sled!
Check out these useful links!
Snowmobile and Safety Equipment Rentals:
Highlighted CLRM Properties:
- Dobson’s Dam
- Magnetawan Cottage
- Brown’s Mazinaw Breeze
- Star Bay Hollow
- Laurentian Serenity
OFSC Trail Map images cited: https://ofsc.evtrails.com/#