A fun part of any vacation is the lead-up to it – the researching, planning, booking, packing, prepping and shopping. As you’re planning your trip to the cottage, don’t forget to make the road trip there a fun kick-off to your vacation!
Plan the day around your arrival time and work backwards from there.
When you’re ready to get in the car to head to the cottage, you turn on your usual radio station. Maybe your spouse wants something different, and certainly, the kids all want their own music playing. So, before your road trip begins, make a playlist of everyone’s favourite songs. In the week or so leading up to your holiday, pay attention to the songs everyone around you loves. What are today’s hits? The hits when you were young? Throw them all into your playlist and hit shuffle once you get in the car. Everyone will love hearing a favourite song of theirs and it will hype everyone up for the vacation!
Please remember, when you get to the cottage, that music is welcome to be enjoyed during your vacation, but please be aware of sound travelling over lakes and not to disrupt neighbours.
Here’s our Top 20 Cottage Road Trip Playlist:
- I’m Gonna Be (500 miles) – The Proclaimers
- Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Honey I’m Good – Andy Grammer
- Little Red Corvette – Prince
- Life is a Highway – Tom Cochrane
- 99 Red Balloons – Nena
- Low Rider – Cheech & Chong
- American Women – Guess Who
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- Take Me Home – John Denver
- Memories – Maroon 5
- Ridin’ Roads – Dustin Lynch
- Thunder – Imagine Dragons
- HandClap – Fitz and the Tantrums
- I’ll be There – Walk Off the Earth
- Only the Good Die Young – Billy Joel
- See You Again – Wiz Khalifa
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers & Coldplay