About This Cottage
Journey’s End is not just an idyllic location on a sandy Lake Simcoe Beach. It’s a chance to experience Ontario’s history in an original settler’s cabin with all of the comforts of home. The 1854 log cabin was moved to the current location in 1934 and then meticulously restored by the current owner over the past few years to create two separate living and sleeping areas. Alongside the log cabin is a 3-bedroom cottage that together, creates a superb family vacation opportunity.
The property boasts a park-like setting alongside picturesque White’s Creek and leads down to a wide sandy beach facing west over Lake Simcoe. The waterfront is shallow and sandy underfoot with some areas of small rocks so water shoes are recommended. It is shallow for a long way out making this very suitable for smaller children. The original CNN railway line is close by and you will see and hear the occasional train, however since there are no public crossings in the vicinity, there are few, if any, whistles! Seating areas by the creek and colourful Muskoka chairs at the waterfront add to the outdoor experience as does the firepit where the whole family can gather for campfires under the stars.
The log cabin has two completely self-contained areas, each with its own entrance, deck, kitchen/dining, living room, bathroom and bedroom. The golden warmth of the wood and logs throughout create a wonderful ambience, and with stone-surround natural gas fireplaces, cooler evenings in the fall and winter are taken care of. There’s a pullout couch in the living rooms so each one-bedroom cabin can accommodate four people with the upper cabin having space for an additional pullout bed.
The three-bedroom cottage is separated from the cabin by a large parking area that can accommodate your boat or snowmobile trailer. A porch opens into a dining room, off which are the living area and spacious country kitchen, two of the bedrooms and a bathroom. All rooms are comfortably furnished and equipped. The master bedroom with separate bathroom is off the kitchen; both have doors that open onto a deck. A large garden offers more play space for children and would be a great venue for getting all the family together for evening meals al fresco.
Beaverton is a small lakeside village that offers shopping, restaurants, a marina, and a newly built supermarket on Hwy 12. Orillia and Casino Rama are just 20 minutes north for those wanting additional entertainment and there are golf courses nearby.
Journey’s End is offered as a family package only in high season and will accommodate up to 16 people (including children) which makes it excellent for several families vacationing together or family reunions. In the low season and winter the cabins and cottage are available separately and guests will share the waterfront. The owner rents out ice fishing huts so we can arrange a winter package for an ice fishing and snowmobile trips.
We’re excited about offering this unique property and are sure it will be very popular for families, history lovers and winter enthusiasts alike. Call us for more information or book now to secure your vacation paradise. Journey's End will accommodate up to 14 people, with a maximum of 8 adults and up to 6 additional children.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Friday to Friday in High Season
- In low season the cottage rents from either Friday to Monday (3 nights) or Friday to Friday only
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 25 - September 6, December 18 - January 3|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$3,500.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - December 17, January 4 - June 24|
|Weekends/Short Stays (Minimum 3 Nights)||$1,320.00|
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|New Years, Christmas||$1,625.00
Extra Nights (after 3) - $460.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
|Thanksgiving, Labour Day, Victoria Day, Easter, Family Day||$1,625.00|
Inside the Log Cabin - 2 Apartments
- Separate entrance to each apartment.
- Sleeps 6 (Maximum 4 Adults)
- 2 bedrooms (2 queens)
- 4-piece bathroom in upper unit; 3-piece in lower unit
- 2 Fully-equipped kitchens
- 2 Living rooms with stone surround propane fireplaces
- Satellite flat-screen TV & DVD in each apartment
- WiFi in upper unit only
Inside the Yellow Cottage
- Sleeps up to 6 (Maximum 4 Adults)
- 3 bedrooms (2 queens, and a set of single bunk beds)
- 2 Bathrooms (tub and shower over and shower stall)
- Fully-equipped country kitchen
- Large living room with natural gas fireplace
- Dining room with seating for 8
- Satellite TV, DVD
Outside the Cottage
- Log cabin decks on each apartment
- Yellow Cottage has decks from kitchen and master bedroom
- BBQ (each cottage)
- 3 kayaks, paddleboat, 2 canoes, 2 stand-up paddleboards some lifejackets, 2 aqua lily pads
- Selection of bicycles including a tandem
- Large lawned play garden at Yellow Cottage
- Park-like Creekside area
- Firepit on the beach at the waterfront
- Sandy beach with shallow walkout to water
- 2 picnic tables
- Volleyball/Badminton net on beach and equipment
- Picnic island
Things you need to know:
- The Log Cabin apartments and Yellow Cottage can be rented separately in low season, and ice fishing season. Waterfront and parking areas are shared when cabins and cottage are rented separately.
- One pet only is permitted.
- Linens and indoor towels are provided for all rentals
- A post-rental cleaning service is provided with high season weekly rentals only. In low season the cottages are to be left in an as found condition
- The cottage waterfront has a westerly exposure
The waterfront is shallow and sandy underfoot with some areas of small rocks so water shoes are recommended. It is shallow for a long way out making this very suitable for smaller children.
Beaverton is the home of The Strand Theatre, Canada's oldest movie theatre.
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Pedal Boat
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
- WiFi Unlimited
- Pets Allowed
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.