About This Cottage
It's always hard for us to resist a little word play - Twin Peeks makes note of the fact that there are not one, but two, delightful living areas with vaulted floor-to-ceiling windows allowing wonderful views of traditional cottaging on the Severn River. Each of the living rooms has seating for several people, as well as a fireplace for those cool nights. Effectively, this is two cottages in one, as there are two kitchens as well - One is a full kitchen with all appliances, the other is a kitchenette/bar with fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker .
In addition to the two living areas (each one with 50" satellite TV), this cottage boasts 6 bedrooms and 4.5 baths - the perfect setting for an extended family wanting to reconnect yet retain some individual space when they need it. Of course, if it gets too hot, the central air conditioning will save the day.
Outside, the waterfront is as nice as any you will find along the Severn. Four docks will park your watercraft - you are just a couple of locks from Georgian Bay - and provide a platform for sunning and jumping into the river to cool off. The toddlers will enjoy a small, sandy beach area with a shallow wade in. If you fancy a journey up-river in a human-powered craft, a canoe, kayak, paddle boat and rowboat await your family flotilla.
The waterfront area also boasts a fire pit between the cottage and the water - the perfect place to enjoy a couple of ghost stories before tucking the kids into bed.
While you will enjoy the peace and serenity of the Muskoka setting, you are a convienient distance to civilization should you require it. The town of Coldwater is 20-minutes away, with historic Midland about 45-minutes distant. Golfers will want to try their skill at Bonaire in nearby Coldwater. Cyclists should bring their wheels along too, as big chute road offers many kilometers ofwonderful riding.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This cottage generally rents Fri-Fri in high season
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 26 - September 7, December 18 - January 3|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$4,900.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - December 17, January 6 - June 25|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps up to 10 (Maximum 8 adults)
- 6 bedrooms (2 King, 1 Queen; 1 with queen + twin, 2 with 2 twin)
- 1 4-piece bathroom, 3 3-piece bathrooms, 1 2-piece powder room
- 2 well equipped kitchens with fridge, microwave, dishwasher (1 does not have stove)
- Flat screen Satellite TVs (50") with DVD players in living rooms
- Gas fireplace in each living room
- High speed internet (WIFI)
- Dining area with seating for 10
- Laundry room with Washer/Dryer
Outside the Cottage
- Propane BBQ
- Formal Firepit with seating
- Hot Tub
- 4 Docks
- Paddle boat, Canoe, Rowboat, Kayak
- Small sandy play area/beach
Things you need to know:
- Waterfront is an Eastern exposure
- Linens and indoor towels provided for all reservations - please provide your own beach towels
- Post departure cleaning is included with rentals. The cottage is expected to be left in a tidy condition
- Pets are not permitted at this property
The waterfront sits in a sheltered cover away from marine traffic and has two docks for those who wish to enjoy the boating that the Severn offers. The Big Chute Marine railway is about 5-6 km by water. There is also a small sandy beach/play area with a shallow walk-in for non-swimmers and children. Boats may be put in at the nearby Severn Falls Marina, less than 3 km away.
Port Severn is the smallest of the 44 locks on the Trent Severn System, measuring 23 feet by 84 feet.
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Hot Tub
- Pedal Boat
- Gas Fireplace
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
- WiFi Unlimited
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.