About This Cottage
A stunning cottage on a magical lake. What else is there to say? We can't imagine anyone not falling in love with this beautiful property and its sandy beach, fantastic swimming and some of the best trout fishing in this part of Ontario.
The owner took me out on a tour of this secluded lake and he is justly proud of its tranquil beauty. It's great for a gentle paddle out to the fishing holes or to the diving rocks, or for the kids to enjoy the paddle boards. The wide stretch of sandy beach is a big feature of the property as are the lawns and perennial gardens. The patio set on the dock will be the venue for many evenings spent out under the stars chatting and enjoying a glass of wine as the sun goes down.
The inside of this cottage is of excellent quality too. From the well equipped kitchen with all the appliances you might need, to the sunken lounge with soaring ceilings, leather furniture and 50" TV; family room with comfortable couches and yet another TV and entertainment system, there is plenty of space for all. I particularly loved the view of the water from every room in this house - wherever you go, it's right there in front of you!
The kitchen, lounge, dining room and huge family room are all on the same level, with a bedroom and newly renovated bathroom occupying one end. A small hallway leads into a sun room with cathedral ceiling and fabulous views, just in case you want to sit indoors and still enjoy the look of the water. Upstairs, the master bedroom has magnificent views across the water which is the first thing you'll see on waking. A further bedroom and another bathroom and shower stall complete the extensive accommodation.
There is a lot of attention to detail in this cottage and the owner has clearly spent a lot of time creating an ambient and comfortable space. I loved it, and think it's going to become very popular.
Getting to this wonderful location is easy - under 3 hours from Toronto. And, once here, there is plenty to see and do. Silent Lake Provincial Park is just 15minutes drive. The attractive riverside town of Bancroft is nearby with its art galleries, craft shops and restaurants. But, if you simply want to chill out and enjoy, you may never want to leave this cottage. We suspect many people never will!
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This Cottage rents weekly only and Sat-Sat in High Season
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$2,900.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - October 9, May 18 - June 21|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 8 (Maximum 6 Adults)
- 3 bedrooms (3 queens) & pullout couch in family room
- 4-piece bathroom (main level), 3-piece bathroom (upper level)
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and breakfast bar
- Living room with large windows overlooking lake
- Air conditioning
- Propane fireplace
- 50" wall-mounted satellite TV with surround sound
- Large family room with satellite TV & DVD
- Hi-speed internet (WiFi) - Download limits apply
- Screened sunroom
Outside the Cottage
- Propane BBQ
- Sandy beach and shallow walkout over hard sand
- 14' Rowboat, kayak, canoe and pedal boat
- Large lawned area for games
- Diving raft
Things you need to know:
- Waterfront is an eastern exposure
- Bring your own linens and towels (includes overseas guests)
- Pets are not permitted at this property
- A post-rental cleaning service is not available at this cottage; therefore it is to be left in an as found condition
Wide swathe of sandy beach with shallow entry, which deepens gradually. Firm sand underfoot.
Originally called York Mills, the local town of Bancroft was later renamed York Branch, then in 1861 to The Branch, York River (when it got its own post office named York River on May 1st), and finally to Bancroft on 15 October 1879 by Senator Billa Flint, after the maiden name of his wife.
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Screened sunroom
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Pedal Boat
- WiFi Max 10-20 GB/wk
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- Air Conditioning
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking