About This Cottage
This outstanding property on lovely Wren Lake will make a superb location for your vacation. It definitely has the 'WOW' factor!
Our cottages all have what we call the ‘WOW’ factor – the special element that sets them apart from the competition. Tall Pines is no exception – a wonderful cottage on a great lake.
Tall Pines has a wonderful location – just 10 minutes south of the Lake of Bays town of Dorset on delightful Wren Lake. For cottage country vacations this is a superb choice, having great waterfront for summer holidays. In particular, children will love the sandy beach yard area, whilst the adults in the party will just enjoy spending convivial time in the Muskoka room, spacious kitchen and dining room.
The owners are avid antique collectors and the interior of this lovely cottage is testament to their expertise in selection and placement of the pieces. The rooms are well furnished with a different feel to each – the dining room has elegance yet sits well in an open plan kitchen/dining area; the sitting room is very comfortable and relaxing with a wood burning stove for cooler evenings, and the screened sunroom has a real Muskoka ambience. The newly fitted kitchen is equipped with everything needed for cooking up a storm as befits this quality cottage, and we are challenged to find anything that is missing. We felt this cottage would be one that our guests would return to over again – perhaps trying it at different times of the year.
The four bedrooms offer flexible sleeping accommodation for a couple of families, with three of them having more than one bed. There’s a bathroom upstairs and another downstairs to ensure minimum waiting time! A laundry room completes the comprehensive accommodation.
Outside there’s a wrap-around deck offering seating for every time of day, from taking morning coffee to evening cocktails. And of course, a firepit for convivial fireside conversations and wiener roasts under outstanding starlit skies. During the day, of course, most action will take place on the sandy beach and on the dock. All you have to do is enjoy!
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Friday to Friday in High Season
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3, December 15 - January 7|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$3,200.00|
|Mid Season: March 9 - March 18|
|Low Season: September 5 - December 14, March 19 - June 21|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps up to 12 (maximum 6 adults)
- 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 with 2 queens, 1 with2 double beds, 1 with 1 double and 2 single beds)
- Master bedroom with 4 piece ensuite
- 2 bathrooms (Ensuite & 3 piece)
- Kitchen with stove, fridge and microwave
- Dining room with seating for 12
- Living room with wood stove
- Screened in sunroom
- TV, VCR, DVD player
- Washer & dryer, dishwasher
Outside the Cottage
- Large wrap-around deck
- Sandy beach
- Canoe, Row boat
- Fire pit
Things you need to know:
- Pets are not permitted at this property.
- You will need to bring your own bed, bath and kitchen linens. Comforters and pillows are provided.
- Linens are provided for guests travelling by air.
- Cleaning is included with all high season weekly rentals. For low season bookings, you will need to leave the cottage in the same clean and tidy condition that you arrived to. All cleaning supplies and equipment are provided.
- Waterfront is a northwestern exposure
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking