About This Cottage
Port Severn is a popluar spot for cottage seekers - it is convenient to Toronto, being an easy drive via highway 400. It offers great boating, whether your preference is the Trent Severn Waterway or the open waters of Georgian Bay and it oozes with all things cottage country.
Tucked neatly on a dead end road is where you'll find Slip Away. As usual, we couldn't resist a little word play in our name for this cottage - Slip Away is located close to a Marina which, while it could serve your boating needs, may not be required since you have your own private dock and waterfront to use.
The cottage is cute and comfy. There is an open-concept living/dining/kitchen area, and the bedrooms and bathroom are set in behind them. The living room has a wood stove for cool nights and satellite TV for rainy day and evening entertainment.
The yard has plenty of room for outdoor entertainment. A generous sized grassy area is great for throwing a frisbee or football, a game of tag or whatever seizes the imagination. There is a small beach area for children with a sandy shallow walk in.
If you fancy some exploring, the area bristles with activity. Historic Midland-Penetanguishene and the Wye Marsh make a great day's outing. If you've never seen the marine railway at Big Chute it's worth a trip. Also, it's an easy walk to town for shopping, restaurants or ice cream cones, and you can watch the boats as they lock through at Historic Lock 45
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property books Saturday to Saturday weekly only throughout High and Low Season
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3, December 22 - January 7|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$1,500.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - December 21, January 8 - June 22|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 6 (max 4 adults)
- 3 bedrooms (2 with double, 1 with 2 twin beds)
- 3-piece bathroom
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Dining table with seating for 6
- Living room with Satellite TV/DVD and wood stove
Outside the Cottage
- Deck and large grassy yard
- Waterfront dock
- Kayak and canoe
- Walkout deck with patio furniture & BBQ
Things you need to know:
- Linens and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- A post departure cleaning is included with your rental. You will need to leave the cottage tidy with everything returned to its original location.
- 1 medium size dog is welcome at this property
The cottage is located on a point on Gloucester Pool, a 13-kilometre, island speckled lake that is a part of the Trent Severn Waterway. The waters are good for swimming, fishing and boating, and access to the waterway gives you the opportunity to boat pretty well anywhere. Entry to the water varies, and there is a shallow and sandy area for waders and children. Deeper water swimming is available further out.
- BBQ Grill
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Wood Stove
- 3D Walkthrough
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- We've Stayed Here
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking