About This Cottage
There's a lot to like about this traditional cottage on Seymour Lake on the Trent-Severn system near Campbellford. Easy access, fabulous fishing and enough room for two families at a great price...and you can bring the dog.
This is how a cottage used to be before drywall and granite countertops priced many out of the reach of the average family. Seymour Hollow is a place where you'll feel comfortable and at home the moment you walk in the door. The open-plan dining and living area stretch across the front of the property with great views of the waterfront and the four bedrooms are all along the back of the property. The small kitchen has a new stove and fridge but the barbecue on the deck will be likely to get a lot more use. There is one bathroom with a shower stall.
You can drive down to the door of the cottage but the driveway is quite steep so we recommend parking at the top once you've dropped luggage off. Then enjoy the grassed area for games or the firepit or the deck for taking in the view of the water. There's plenty of patio furniture and seating.
The waterfront is shallow at the shoreline to about 15ft out at the end of the dock where it deepens to around 5ft. On our visit there were large fish jumping close by and the owner tells us that plenty of fish can be caught right off the dock. We also spotted blue heron, an osprey and a beaver in the short time of our visit.
With Campbellford just 10-minutes away for shopping and dining, you don't have to go far to stock up or to eat out. Take a walk through Ferris Provincial Park and check out the suspension bridge, or drive to the Seymour Conservation Area to walk the dog in beautiful surroundings. The sandy beaches at Presqu'ile Provincial Park are less than an hour, and visits to the pretty towns of Cobourg or Warkworth are also within easy reach. All in all, this is a great location for a vacation by the water and we think our guests will love it.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents in weekly increments only and Saturday to Saturday
- Victoria Weekend and Thanksgiving Weekend are exceptions - 3 night minimum and may start on Friday
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 26 - September 7|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$1,475.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - October 31, May 1 - June 25|
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|Thanksgiving, Victoria Day||$700.00
Extra Nights (after 3) - $80.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 8 (Maximum 6 Adults)
- 4 bedrooms (1 Queen, 2 Doubles, 1 double with single bunk over)
- 1 x 3-piece bathroom with shower
- Kitchen with stove, fridge & microwave
- Dining area with seating for 6
- Satellite TV, DVD
Outside the Cottage
- Deck with patio furniture
- Garden furniture
- Exposure is north with sunrise and sunset views from dock
- Docks, Paddle Boat
Things you need to know:
- Dogs (not cats) are welcome at this property
- Bring your own linens and towels
- A post-rental cleaning service is not available at this cottage; therefore it is to be left in an ‘as found’ condition
- Property has a northern exposure
- The indoor woodstove seen is some photos is not included with rentals. It is decommissioned and not operable.
The waterfront is shallow at the shoreline to about 15ft out at the end of the dock where it deepens to around 5ft.
Nearby Healey Falls is a noisy and impressive waterfall on the Trent River. The river pours over a number of ledges with a total drop of 10 meters or more. The width of the falls is around 25m, although this will vary with water flow. (Source - www.gowaterfalling.com)
- Satellite TV
- Pedal Boat
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- WiFi Unlimited
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.