About This Cottage
We often get requests for cottages that are private and enjoy all the lakefront characteristics one would expect in a cottage while at the same time being very close to a town. You might expect these two things to be mutually exclusive and you would usually be right, but Robin's Nest is certainly exceptional in this regard. Located on Mill lake just outside the town of Parry Sound, this cottage keeps you close to amenities and civilisation - although you wouldn't know it when you are there.
The cottage is also somewhat unique in structure. Two distinct levels allow your group to allocate some privacy if needed as well as offering communal gathering spots. The upper level houses the main kitchen and dining area, as well as two bedrooms, a living room, a fabulous den overlooking the waterfront and a small foyer seating area as well. A smaller group could spend their entire time on this level without feeling they were missing anything. Larger groups will make use of the lower level, which holds sleeping for up to 8 people, a family room, bathroom and a kitchenette. This level might be useful if two families want to share a vacation but each have their own space.
Outside is where a cottage gets a chance to shine, and you won't be disappointed here. Kids will LOVE having their own personal playground and Mom and Dad will appreciate that it is right next to the deck where they can keep a close eye. For family times at the waterfront, an easy descent down some stairs takes you to a fire pit, the dock and a waterfront bunkie AND sauna! The swimming is good and you'll want to explore the lake a little with the canoe. If you're a cyclist, bring the bikes -you'll want to enjoy the convenient ride into town or some of the local roads.
The cottage is available all year round, so whatever your choice of season, bring your group to Robin's Nest for a rest any time.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Friday to Friday in High Season
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 26 - September 7, December 18 - January 3|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$2,900.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - December 17, January 6 - June 25|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 10 (Maximum 6 adults)
- 4 bedrooms (Upper level has1 with king, 1 with single plus twin bunk.Lower level has 1 with king and double, 1 with king plus twin bunk, )
- 3 bathrooms (3-piece + 2-piece powder room)
- Kitchen with stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- Living room with fireplace, TV (not satellite) with DVD player, stereo
- Lower level with family room with TV/DVD combo, electric fireplace, kitchenette
- Washer and Dryer
Outside the Cottage
- Large deck with furniture, BBQ, overlooking lake
- Waterfront area with fire pit, dock
- Bunkie with twin bunks.
- Dock and canoe
Things you need to know:
- Small/medium dogs welcome at this cottage
- Linens and beach towels are provided - please bring your own hand/bath towels
- A cleaning service is included; however tidying up is still required
- The cottage has a northeasterly exposure
A set of easily navigable stairs leads from the main cottage down the embankment to a covered picnic table area as well as a fire pit. A little further on is the waterfront bunkie and sauna. A few more stairs takes you to the dock and waterfront. The water deepens quickly off the shore and swimming is good from the dock area.
Parry Sound is the largest natural harbour on Georgian Bay. It was reportedly named after Sir William Edward Parry, the Arctic explorer but it is not known whether Parry actually visited the area. Despite minor fluctuations over the years, the population of Parry Sound has remained virtually unchanged for 50 years.
- BBQ Grill
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- 3D Walkthrough
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
- WiFi Unlimited
- Pets Allowed
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.