About This Cottage
We first caught sight of this amazing cottage on the approach from the lake, as this is the only means of access. After a 10 minute ride from the marina, the anticipation was high and we were not disappointed by the first glimpse of the impressive boathouse and the remarkable ‘cottage’. This is an amazing location with extensive accommodation in a truly inspiring environment.
The cottage sits above the lake and is approached by wide steps from the dock and lower boat house area. The custom-built timber frame style property was designed to create a feeling of harmony with nature and huge windows and skylights are effective at bringing the outside in as much as possible. The main level of the cottage is filled with an eclectic mix of furniture and accents; and the owner’s artistic background shows in every room of the property and is evident in the wonderfully creative and novel features everywhere you look. . This is a much- loved family cottage so you won’t find a sterile ‘rental’ environment here – instead you’ll enjoy comfort wherever you decide to settle down, whether it’s in the cosy den to one side of the kitchen, or the sprawling living room that’s home to couches, easy chairs, plenty of side tables, and a large wood stove for cooler evenings. The country-style kitchen is full of pots and pans, plenty of dishes and cookware and space to prepare those big family meals needed at the end of an active day on the water. The huge dining table will seat everyone in the group and we can imagine the happy chatter as everyone catches up on their day.
The attractively furnished sunroom will no doubt be home to evening card games, or just chosen as a quiet reading spot for those who want to get away to enjoy the feel of being outside while sheltered from the sun or a less than friendly weather day.
The bird-themed bedroom is located on the main floor of the cottage, with six further bedrooms on the upper floor. The master has vaulted ceilings with skylights and a unique ensuite bathroom with a natural woodland theme. There’s two bedrooms that kids will love, both with tiered bunk beds, and two with private terraces. There are quirky artistic touches everywhere, from the collection of bird nests to trunks spilling over with logging and antique woodworking tools. In fact, no description of this cottage could ever match the reality - or fantasy – of this amazing property.
Outside the cottage there’s so much space to explore – decks and seating areas; firepit; a tree house; horseshoe pit; and of course the boat house. This is where the young people will congregate to enjoy a game of pool, table tennis or Foosball, enjoy some music, workout on the exercise equipment or just hang out. Then there’s the waterfront with deep water for jumping and diving off the dock, and steps down into a shallow section with hard sand underfoot. There really is something for everyone at Nature’s Inspiration.
Since this is a water access cottage you’ll either need your own boat or rent one from one of the marinas on the lake, and perhaps use the water taxi to get everyone out there to start with. We can help you with the different options.
This is a true getaway from it all, and not a place to go if you want much activity away from the cottage, but if you are a group that wants to spend time together yet still want separate space, you’ll absolutely love it.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Saturday to Saturday in High Season
- Occupancy limits for holiday weekends, weekends and mid-week breaks are 8 Adults and up to 4 additional children
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 26 - September 7|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$4,200.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - October 31, May 1 - June 25|
|Weekends/Short Stays (Minimum 2 Nights)||$1,240.00
Extra Nights (after 2) - $172.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|Thanksgiving, Victoria Day||$1,640.00
Extra Nights (after 3) - $180.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 16 (Maximum 10 adults)
- 7 bedrooms (1 king, 1 queen, 3 doubles, bedroom with 2 double-sized bunkbeds + 3 twin bunks; bedroom with two double-size bunkbeds + 1 single bunk
- 3 bathrooms: 1 with clawfoot soaker tub; 1 with glass enclosed rain shower; ensuite with tub and shower over
- Dining area with seating for 18
- Kitchen with stove, dishwasher, 2 microwaves and 2 full size fridges
- Living room with fireplace, leather sofas, easy chairs
- Den with woodstove, couch and easy chairs
- TV with DVD player
- Board games, cards, books & various children’s toys
Outside the Cottage
- Boathouse with pool and table tennis, exercise equipment, bar counter with fridge and microwave, balconies with lake and dock views, couches and easy chairs
- Screened sun room with casual seating and dining table
- Front deck with eating for 10 at two tables
- Numerous Muskoka chairs and lounger on front deck
- Rear deck with eating area and Muskoka chairs and lounger
- Firepits with seating
- Waterfront deck with seating
- Canoes, pedal boat
- Horseshoe pit
- Assorted lifejackets
- Many trails leading to smaller lakes for picnics, fishing and swimming
Things you need to know:
- Linens and towels are provided for high season rentals only
- A post-rental cleaning service is included for high season rentals only but is available on request at other times at $100; must be booked in advance and cottage must be left tidy
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome
- Waterfront is a northern exposure
- This cottage does not have Wi-Fi or cell phone service, so you can truly disconnect on vacation
- Parking fees may be charged at the local marinas. Please check with them prior to stay to determine availability and cost
The waterfront has a combination of deep water for jumping and diving off the dock, and steps down into a shallow section with hard sand underfoot.
When heading north on the lake from the southern end, a viewer would notice a lighthouse that has stood since the 1920s and, up until the installation of a large orange flashing beacon placed on top of a 55 gallon drum and mounted to a rock, served to mark the narrow entrance into the main body of the lake. The lighthouse cottage has been said to have been visited by Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- BBQ Grill
- Screened sunroom
- Pedal Boat
- Wood Fireplace
- Wood Stove
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- Boat Accessible Only
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.