About This Cottage
High season rentals are Saturday to Saturday or Monday to Saturday (5 nights) only.
It used to be that you would have to go to an exclusive resort to get accommodation that combined upscale living, spacious quarters and fabulous waterfront. Now, you don't have to look any further than Moose Lodge. And ... golfers receive preferred rates at the fabulous waterfront golf course, The Ridge at Manitou.
Let's start in the cottage itself. When you walk in, you will be greeted in the hallway by the light streaming through the floor to ceiling windows that face the lake. Chances are the lake will be calm and a deep blue in the sunshine. To your right, you will see an incredible kitchen and dining area, complete with seating for your entire group and appliances that will delight any chef...and we do mean ANY chef...the AGA appliances carry a legendary quality that few have the opportunity to experience.
Every room in this cottage is a showpiece. The living room enjoys the most spectacular views, and a stone fireplace surrounds a propane stove insert that is decorative in the summer and functional on cooler nights. This is a great place for sharing a special bottle of wine or just relaxing with a book, bathed in the sunlight streaming in.
Down the stairs, those seeking something to entertain them will not be disappointed. A satellite TV/home theatre system makes movie nights an essential part of your stay, and a pub room will have the card sharks going all in for a game of Texas hold 'em.
The bedrooms are elegant and will give everyone comfortable nights, listening to the crickets and catching a cool night's breeze after a day in the sun. The master has an amazing en suite - you might want to make this booking on behalf of your group so you can claim this room.
From the main floor, the deck is accessed from the living/dining room or a bedroom and offers a panoramic view of the property and lake. The large lawn is a place where the kids might toss around a Frisbee before cooling off in the lake. A dock is a great place to catch some sun or jump into the cooling waters - oh and you can use it for boats too, of course. The lake is an interesting one, with a number of islands to explore and circumnavigate in a kayak or canoe.
The town of McKellar is close by for your basic needs - like ice cream (available at the general store, where you will also find an LCBO). If you are bringing or renting a boat, you can launch right across from the McKellar General Store. Parry Sound is just 15 minutes away offering anything you might want in the way of shopping and restaurants. We doubt you'll want to leave the cottage for very long, but if you do, the area has Georgian Bay cruises, museums, golf courses and parks to tempt everyone in your group.
Moose Lodge is for those looking for a cottage that has it all. We think those who book this property will be delighted all around.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents weekly only year round, except Thanksgiving which is a minimum 3 nights
- This property rents Saturday to Saturday or Monday to Saturday in High Season
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 26 - September 7, December 18 - January 3|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$3,700.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - December 17, January 6 - June 25|
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
Extra Nights (after 3) - $375.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 9 (Maximum 8 Adults)
- 4 bedrooms (3 with queen, 1 with double/single bunk over)
- 3 baths: 4-pc (loft), 3-pc (main), 2-pc (lower)
- Stunning kitchen with AGA stove and fridge, microwave, dishwasher, wine rack
- Living room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking water, propane stove
- Dining room with seating for 8
- Walkout-level family room with floor-to-ceiling windows, big screen satellite TV, DVD, stereo, electric fireplace
- Pub room with bar and games table
- Washer and Dryer
- Hi-speed Internet (First 10GB free; $5/GB overage)
- Central Air Conditioning
- Large collection of DVD movies and music CD's
Outside the Cottage
- Deck and furniture, Propane BBQ
- Canoe, 3 Kayaks, Pedal Boat, some life jackets
- Waterfront Dock
- 50' wide deck with South-west exposure for sun all day long
- Fire Pit
Things you need to know:
- Pets are not permitted at this property
- Linens and bath towels are provided
- A post-departure cleaning service is included, however the cottage is to be left in a tidy condition.
- Waterfront is a southerly exposure
There is a spacious lawn area that slopes from the cottage to the shore of the lake. Entry to the lake is gradual, with the water being 4-5 feet in depth at the end of the dock. The bottom of the lake is soft and sandy at entry. There may be a couple of lily pads but there are generally very few weeds.
McKellar is the primary and largest community within McKellar Township, which is located along Provincial Highway 124. It was originally known as Armstrong's Rapids, but was renamed McKellar in 1870 after Archibald McKellar (1816-1894), a member of the legislative assemblies for the province of Canada (1857-1867) and Ontario (1867-1875). (Source - Wikipedia)
- BBQ Grill
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Pedal Boat
- Wood Stove
- WiFi Overage $5/GB
- 3D Walkthrough
- WiFi Max 10 GB/wk
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.