About This Cottage
Experience the peace and serenity of Moon Breeze!
As opening sentences go, that was the one that seemed to fit best. Located on the Moon River, not far from Healey Lake and Mactier, Moon Breeze offers an opportunity for the family to truly experience cottaging in unique Georgian Bay/Muskoka fashion.
Moon Breeze is accessible only by boat, so you won't hear a car horn or engine during your entire stay (unless you venture back to the mainland occasionally). What you will hear is the sound of the Moon River lapping gently at the rocks below the deck. You will no doubt want to spend a lot of relaxation time on the water's edge deck, under the shade of a tree, enjoying "Group of 7" views. Young and old alike will enjoy the sandy, shallow beach area.
Of course, those with a nautical bent will want to be exploring the waterways. A canoe, along with adult and youth life jackets, are provided. You can also bring your own boat(s) of course, or a variety are available for rent from the Moon River Marina and others nearby. The fishing is great, with Pike, Bass and Muskie all plentiful. Blackstone Harbour Falls makes for in interesting field trip. Maps to the waterways are available at the marina.
There is also a spacious back lawn, the perfect spot for a game of horseshoes or badminton, or tossing a ball around. A double swing and hammock offer someone the opportunity for an afternoon snooze in classic cottage fashion.
The inside of the cottage is a delight. Bright, airy and clean, the living spaces again focus on the water, with the large windows offering south-facing views downriver. 3 well appointed bedrooms (2 with King Beds) ensure that you will be well rested as you begin each day of adventure. All the amenities, including a washer/dryer, will make any requirement for a mainland trip unlikely. Board games and a DVD player are there for evenings and rainy days.
Boat rentals are available at Moon River Marine, where you would have a parking space available to you as part of the rental. If you choose to bring your own craft or arrange a rental elsewhere, it could still be put in at Moon River Marine. There is also a water taxi service, which is in the $50-75 range per 1-way trip. Moon River Marine can be reached at 705-375-2342. Boat rentals here and elsewhere generally run in the $100 and up per day range, often with some discount for longer rental periods.
The owners treasure their time here, so limited rentals are available. Take advantage of this opportunity while you can!
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Saturday to Saturday.
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$1,800.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - October 9, May 18 - June 21|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 9
- 3 bedrooms (Master with King + Futon, 2nd BR with King, 3rd BR with single + twin bunk)
- 3 bathrooms (4-piece ensuite, 3-piece main bath, 3-piece ensuite)
- Kitchen with stove, fridge, additional small freezer, dishwasher and microwave
- 2nd Fridge & freezer located in workshop
- Washer and dryer
- TV (no Satellite) with DVD player. Wide variety of DVD movies.
Outside the Cottage
- Waterfront decking with furniture and umbrella
- Propane BBQ
- Sandy, walk-in beach area
- Canoe, kayak, Inflatable Children's Dingy, Life Jackets, Water Toys and Tube
- New Docks
- Diving Raft
- Fire Pit
- Large lawn behind cottage for horseshoes, badminton etc.
Things you need to know:
- Location is about 2 hours north of Toronto
- Linens and pillowcases provided but please bring your own towels
- Sorry, no weekend bookings - weekly only
- Pets are welcome at this cottage
There is a shallow, sandy waterfront for kids to enjoy, along with a swim platform anchored into the deeper water for diving.
- Beach Access
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.