About This Cottage
While cottage vacations are essentially times for getting away from it all, they often mean being a long way from a store, restaurant or your favourite coffee shop (or brew pub!).
Finding a spot that offers all the relaxation but is within walking, kayaking or boating distance of a town is a real bonus, and Mackenzie Cottage provides all of this, and much more.
Located on a quiet street on Vernon Narrows - the wide stretch of water leading out of Vernon Lake and into Huntsville - the cottage has wonderful views both east and west from the dock with spectacular sunsets.
The large lawned area has plenty of Muskoka chairs for lazing or sitting around the firepit while the good-sized dock offers people-watching and boat-watching as watercraft head by to and from town. Swimming is great right off the dock into clear water, which is a little soft underfoot in places so water shoes are recommended.
The cottage itself is extensive, beautifully furnished and decorated and has plenty of space for the family to spread out.
Enjoy sitting at the island in the large kitchen while the chef of the day prepares breakfast right in front of you; then take a coffee onto the deck and relax into a Muskoka chair while you take in the view. If the weather keeps you indoors, you might want to curl up on a comfy couch with a book, or watch a game downstairs in the family room.
The patio off the downstairs family room is just the spot for outdoor eating, or you can bring the BBQ fare indoors to the more formal dining area.
The main floor has two bedrooms - the master has a queen and an en-suite bathroom. The second queen bedroom is close-by a powder room while the third bedroom on the lower floor is opposite another full bathroom. There's also a pullout couch in the family room.
With a full range of amenities you'll undoubtedly feel at home, including unlimited WiFi, laundry and satellite TV - and with the town of Huntsville a mere 5 minute drive you are close enough for take-out if you don't feel like cooking.
We think this cottage has everything you need to make the family happy and are sure you'll have the best time here.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property books Saturday to Saturday weekly only and is only available during summer High Season
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 27 - September 7|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$3,500.00|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps up to 8 (Maximum 6 adults)
- 3 bedrooms (3 queens and pull-out couch in downstairs family room)
- 2½ bathrooms (1 x 4-piece (en-suite), 1 x 3-piece (shower stall), 1 x 2-piece powder room)
- Large kitchen, gas hob, wall stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher
- Living area with walk-out access to covered deck
- Satellite TV & DVD player in downstairs family room
- Unlimited high-speed wireless internet
- Washer and dryer
Outside the Cottage
- Propane BBQ
- Patio area with dining furniture
- Fire pit
- Extensive dock
- 1 Kayak, 1 canoe and an aluminum row boat, some PFDs
Things you need to know:
- 1 well behaved dog is permitted
- A post-rental cleaning service is included for all rentals; however, the cottage is to be left in a tidy condition
- Linens and indoor towels are provided for all rentals - please bring your own outdoor towels
- The cottage has a northerly exposure, and the dock has east and west views for amazing sunrises and spectacular sunsets
- Only minutes into the town of Huntsville
The water is shallow at the shoreline and a little soft underfoot. It deepens out to 3-4 feet off the end of the dock and swimming is good in clean and clear water. Passing boat traffic, particularly at weekends, brings wake to the shore and dock, but it can be quite pleasant to be lulled to sleep in a Muskoka chair in the sun as the dock gently rocks.
Nearby Huntsville is the largest town in the Muskoka Region and is located in the hilly terrain of the Canadian Shield, which is dotted with many lakes, both large and small, including Lake Vernon. Due to its natural environment and natural resources, Huntsville is a thriving tourist destination drawing people from around the world. In 2011 The Toronto Star ranked the town the #1 place to take a summer trip. Huntsville also acts as the western gateway to Algonquin Provincial Park and played host to the G8 Summit in June 2010. (Original Source - Wikipedia)
- BBQ Grill
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Gas Fireplace
- Level Lot
- 3D Walkthrough
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- New Listing
- WiFi Unlimited
- We've Stayed Here
- 2-piece Powder Room
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.