Journey's End-Yellow Cott
About This Cottage
The Yellow Cottage is part of a larger property called Journey’s End which comprises this cottage plus the log cabin apartments – The Loft and Creekview. The three properties can be rented together for a larger family group or separately.
This cute cottage sits across a dead end road from a short laneway to the waterfront shared by the Journey’s End properties, and walking down through the park-like setting alongside picturesque White’s Creek will lead you to a wide sandy beach facing west over Lake Simcoe. The waterfront is shallow and sandy underfoot with some areas of small rocks so water shoes are recommended. It is shallow for a long way out making this very suitable for smaller children. An array of canoes and kayaks are there for you to enjoy and seating areas by the creek and colourful Muskoka chairs at the waterfront add to the outdoor experience. Of course there is a firepit where you can spend evenings sharing stories, roasting marshmallows and appreciating the marvelous starlit nights.
To the rear of the cottage is a large lawned area that is great for ball games or enjoying an al fresco evening meal, The original CNN railway is at the back of the property and you will see and hear the occasional train, however since there are no public crossings in the vicinity, there’s no whistle!
The three-bedroom cottage is separated from the log cabin by a large parking area that can accommodate your boat or snowmobile trailer. A porch opens into a dining room, off which are the living area and spacious country kitchen, two of the bedrooms and a bathroom. All rooms are comfortably furnished and equipped. The spacious master bedroom has doors opening onto a small deck and a separate bathroom. The kitchen is a good size and nicely equipped and also opens onto the deck.
Beaverton is a small lakeside village that offers shopping, restaurants, a marina, and a newly built supermarket on Hwy 12. Orillia and Casino Rama are just 20 minutes north for those wanting additional entertainment and there are golf courses nearby.
When renting The Yellow Cottage there may also be guests in the log cabin apartments so the beach amenities will be shared, however the garden to the rear of the property is for Yellow Cottage guests only.
The Yellow Cottage will accommodate a maximum of 6 people. Larger groups (8 – 14 people) can rent Journey's End which is the two apartments together with the 3 bedroom neighbouring cottage.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property may be rented individually outside of high season only. Inside of high season it is rented as part of Journey's End
- In low season the cottage rents from either Friday to Monday (3 nights) or Friday to Friday only
- High season weekly rate applies only to Christmas/New Years time period
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 25 - September 6, December 18 - January 3|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$1,920.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - December 17, January 4 - June 24|
|Weekends/Short Stays (Minimum 3 Nights)||$670.00|
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Labour Day, Victoria Day, Easter, Family Day||$850.00|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps up to 6
- 3 bedrooms (2 queens, and a set of single bunk beds)
- 2 Bathrooms (tub with shower over and shower stall)
- Fully equipped country kitchen
- Large living room with propane fireplace
- Dining room with seating for 8
- Satellite TV & DVD
- Air Conditioning
Outside the Cottage
- Decks off kitchen and master bedroom
- Large lawned play garden at Yellow Cottage
- 3 kayaks, paddleboat, 2 canoes, some lifejackets
- Park-like Creekside area
- Firepit on the beach at the waterfront
- Volleyball/Badminton net on beach and equipment
- Sandy beach with shallow walkout to water
- Picnic island
Things you need to know:
- One pet only is permitted
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- You will need to leave the cottage in the same clean and tidy condition that you arrived to. All cleaning supplies and equipment are provided.
- Waterfront is a western exposure
- The parking area and waterfront amenities are shared with vacationers in the Log Cabin
The waterfront is shallow and sandy underfoot with some areas of small rocks so water shoes are recommended. It is shallow for a long way out making this very suitable for smaller children.
Beaverton is the home of The Strand Theatre, Canada's oldest movie theatre.
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Pedal Boat
- Not Waterfront
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
- WiFi Unlimited
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.