Journey's End - The Loft
About This Cottage
Journey’s End is not just an idyllic location on a sandy Lake Simcoe Beach. It’s a chance to experience Ontario’s history in an original settler’s cabin with all of the comforts of home. The 1854 log cabin was moved to the current location in 1934 and then meticulously restored by the current owner over the past few years to create two separate and self-contained apartments.
The property boasts a park-like setting alongside picturesque White’s Creek and leads down to a wide sandy beach facing west over Lake Simcoe. The waterfront is shallow and sandy underfoot with some areas of small rocks so water shoes are recommended. It is shallow for a long way out making this very suitable for smaller children. The original CNN railway line is close by and you will see and hear the occasional train, however since there are no public crossings in the vicinity, there’s no whistle! Seating areas by the creek and colourful Muskoka chairs at the waterfront add to the outdoor experience as does the firepit. When both apartments are rented the waterfront and campfire area is shared.
The Loft is the upper apartment and has a front entrance into an open plan living room with comfortable seating and a fireplace. A fully equipped kitchen has plenty of space to prepare meals and there are bar stools at the kitchen counter for eating in. Doors open onto a private deck where there is a BBQ and table & chairs.
Stairs lead up to a large bedroom with ensuite bathroom where there is room for a child’s cot or fold-out bed for an additional child. There’s a pullout couch in the living room.
The golden warmth of the wood and logs throughout create a wonderful ambience, and with stone-surround propane fireplaces, cooler evenings in the fall and winter are taken care of.
The Loft will accommodate a maximum of 4 people. Larger groups (8 – 14 people) can rent Journey's End which is the two apartments together with the 3 bedroom neighbouring cottage.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property may be rented individually outside of high season only. Inside of high season it is rented as part of Journey's End
- In low season the cottage rents from either Friday to Monday (3 nights) or Friday to Friday only
- High season weekly rate applies only to Christmas/New Years time period
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 25 - September 6, December 18 - January 3|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$1,500.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - December 17, January 4 - June 24|
|Weekends/Short Stays (Minimum 3 Nights)||$510.00|
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Labour Day, Victoria Day, Easter, Family Day||$595.00|
Inside The Loft
- Front entrance
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bedroom with queen bed & space for fold out bed
- 4-piece bathroom with tub
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Living room pullout couch and stone surround propane fireplace
- Satellite flat-screen TV & DVD
- Air Conditioning
Outside The Loft
- 3 kayaks, paddleboat, 2 canoes, 2 stand-up paddleboards, some lifejackets
- Park-like creekside area
- Firepit on the beach at the waterfront
- Volleyball/Badminton net on beach and equipment
- Sandy beach with shallow walkout to water
- Picnic island
Things you need to know:
- One pet only is permitted
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- You will need to leave the cottage in the same clean and tidy condition that you arrived to. All cleaning supplies and equipment are provided.
- Waterfront is a western exposure
- The parking area and waterfront amenities are shared with vacationers in the lower apartment (Creekview) and The Yellow Cottage
The waterfront is shallow and sandy underfoot with some areas of small rocks so water shoes are recommended. It is shallow for a long way out making this very suitable for smaller children.
Beaverton is the home of The Strand Theatre, Canada's oldest movie theatre.
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Pedal Boat
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
- WiFi Unlimited
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.