The Cedars on Huron
About This Cottage
We've always loved the drive to Lake Huron. Whether it is Bluewater Country near Goderich, the beaches at Sauble, or the rugged beauty of the North Bruce, the first glimpse of the lake always seems to melt away the stresses and trappings of city life. Even though our first visit to this cottage was in the dead of February, we could tell we were in for a treat.
Situated on the south shore of Little Pike Bay, the cottage welcomed us with a quiet and tranquility that defines the word "getaway". A large treed lot gives you excellent privacy shelter from winds coming off the lake while open areas on the property allow you to enjoy the sunny skies you love in cottage country.
At the waterfront side of this cottage, you are offered a wide variety of options for relaxation. There is the dock at the waterfront of course. A shallow entry is great for toddlers and non swimmers. As you can see in the photos, the dock is a great place to capture the sunsets - be it on your camera or in you memory. When the sun goes down, you are just a few steps away from a wonderful fire pit, so bring the marshmallows and ghost stories. Closer to the cottage, an upper level deck spells relaxation and sun, while a lower level patio offers shade, or a dry spot for those lazy rainy days. Whatever the weather, you'll find the hot tub a welcoming relaxer. In 2017, the owners are adding a children's playset to ensure no one is ever left wondering what to do at the Cedars.
The inside of of this cottage is no less appealing. While the accoutrements are top notch, the extras make a difference that will really shape your vacation. An open concept kitchen/living/dining area would be all you'd need in many cottages, but you have barely scratched the surface here. Just off the living room, you'll find a wonderful, spacious sunroom, complete with seating for a nice sized group, and a desk with a lake view. If you have to keep up with the office while away, this is a great place to do so - or maybe you just want to pull out the lap top and do some photo editing as you build your inventory during your stay. There are also 2 bedrooms on the upper level, including a huge master bedroom - on which you will want to call dibs when you book - that incorporates satellite TV and a sitting area overlooking the waterfront. If you need a little privacy to work, there is also a formal office area.
Downstairs, you'll find more - There are another three bedrooms on this level and a family room with another large-screen TV might be the gathering place for the younger set, especially with the pool table added in 2017! There is also a gathering area here as well as a counter and sink - perfect for mixing a cool punch or a hot coffee. Oh, and you may want a cool drink after you work out...the lower level features a workout area (water view of course!) with a weight machine, rowing machine, elliptical and free weights - so a few of your group can enjoy their workout together.
You're well positioned here to explore the entire Bruce. Everything from Owner Sound to Tobermory is within an hour's drive, and you will enjoy the rugged features and quaint towns that dot the points between. You'll want to visit Bruce Peninsula National Park, taking in Fathom Five if you are a diver.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property books weekly only year round and Saturday to Saturday in High Season
- All rates include a $250 post departure cleaning fee
- Accidental Damage Waiver is mandatory at this property
Please note that a $62.15 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3, December 22 - January 7|
|Low Season: September 5 - December 21, January 8 - June 22|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 10 (Maximum 8 Adults)
- 5 bedrooms (2 with King, 2 with queen, 1 with bunk beds + sofa bed + hideaway cot)
- Living room with satellite TV, DVD, gas fireplace, floor to ceiling windows
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining area with expandable table seating up to 10
- Bright, airy sunroom with plenty of seatng a desk with waterfront view
- Gym room with weight machine, elliptical, rower and free weights
- 4-piece bathroom, 3 3-piece bathrooms, 2 piece powder room (3 bathrooms are en suites)
- Large master bedroom with seating area and satellite TV
- High speed wireless Internet
- Board games, books and movies
- Washer and Dryer
- Lower level family room with pool table, satellite TV, coffee station, additional seating
Outside the Cottage
- Waterfront dock
- Expansive back deck with Propane BBQ
- Covered patio
- Formal firepit with seating
- Canoe, 2 kayaks
- Children's play set
- Adult Bicycles
Things you need to know:
- Waterfront is an Northern exposure
- Linens and towels provided - please bring your own beach towels
- A post-rental cleaning service is included for all rentals; however, the cottage is to be left in a tidy condition
- Up to 2 medium dogs are welcome at this property
A short path through the cedars takes you to the dock and waterfront area. The shoreline is rock and fauna. Water entry is sandy and shallow, gradually deepening.
The cottage is easily accessed on mostly municipally maintained roadways. The last km or so is a privately plowed road. Note that lake effect storms can drop a lot of snow in a short period of time anywhere on the Bruce, so snow tires would be highly recommended, if not essential to travel anywhere on the Bruce in Winter.
- BBQ Grill
- Satellite TV
- Hot Tub
- WiFi Max 20-50 GB/wk
- 3D Walkthrough
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking