About This Cottage
The perfect cottage is hard to come by. You usually have to sacrifice something to get most of what will make the best vacation ever. And then a cottage comes along that ticks every box….Birchview Lakehouse is one of those.
The owners have been outstanding hosts at several of our cottages for years, so they know what pleases guests. So when the chance came to renovate an older cottage to create the best their hospitality could offer, they left no stone unturned.
From king-sized beds in every bedroom and Smart TVs in four of them, to the hand-crafted furniture throughout, to the attention given to creating a beautiful outdoor living space on the deck, you’ll see and feel the luxury everywhere.
The main floor includes a superb kitchen, two living spaces and two master ensuite bedrooms, as well as sliding doors to the extensive deck with lounge seating and an outdoor dining table with seating for 10.
The lower level is accessed by two sets of stairs; one leading to two more bedrooms and an artfully designed alcove space with hand-crafted bunk beds, plus a bathroom.
The other side of the lower floor has a games room and bar with fireplace seating and a pool table with a further bedroom and bathroom.
It’s hard to fully describe, so please check out the 3D video that gives you a complete tour of the cottage.
The outside and waterfront is pretty great too!
Grass Lake is part of a chain that connects to Head Lake in the east and Kashagawigamog Lake to the west, so boaters have the opportunity to explore. The shoreline is sandy and shallow deepening gradually.There are lily pads to the right and left of the waterfront but the immediate shoreline has been cleared for easy wading out into deeper water.
Another great benefit of the location is that the town of Haliburton is a 5-minute drive. The more energetic could easily walk or cycle into town for an ice-cream, or a stop at one of the many cafes and patios.
You cannot go wrong with this cottage at any time of the year with so much to see and do in the area, so book now….this is likely to take top spot in our cottage popularity contest!
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Saturday to Saturday in High Season
- Low Season, Christmas & New Year rentals are 7-nights minimum with flexible start day
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 26 - September 7, December 18 - January 3|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$6,250.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - December 17, January 6 - June 25|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 12 (Maximum 10 adults)
- 5 bedrooms (5 king (2 en-suite) & 4 with TV (Netflix), twin bunk in alcove)
- 4 x 3-piece bathrooms with showers (2 en-suite), 1 x 4-piece (tub with shower over)
- Kitchen with stove, double-size fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- Family room with propane stove and Smart TV with access to NetFlix
- Living room with Smart TV with access to Netflix
- Unlimited WiFi
- Games room with pool table and bar area, seating and propane fireplace
- Washer and Dryer
Outside the Cottage
- Large deck with outdoor seating/dining and propane BBQ
- Kayak, canoe, SUP, assorted adult-size life jackets/PFDs (no children-sized)
- Watefront Dock
- Fire Pit
Things you need to know:
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs accepted
- Linens and towels are provided. Please bring your own outdoor towels
- Guests are required to bring their own life jackets/PFDs for their children to ensure a proper fit
- A post-rental cleaning service is provided; however, the property is to be left in a tidy condition
- The cottage has a northeasterly exposure
The shoreline is sandy and shallow deepening gradually. There are lily pads to the right and left of the waterfront but the immediate shoreline has been cleared for easy wading out into deeper water.
Birchview Lakehouse is located within The United Townships of Dysart, Dudley, Harcourt, Guilford, Harburn, Bruton, Havelock, Eyre and Clyde, more commonly known as the Municipality of Dysart et al. Situated in Haliburton County, the original townships were created by the (English) Canadian Land and Emigration Company. At 61 letters or 68 non-space characters the municipality has the longest name of any place in Canada.
- BBQ Grill
- Gas Fireplace
- 3D Walkthrough
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- New Listing
- WiFi Unlimited
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.