Berry Hill Cottage
About This Cottage
Ahmic Lake has long been noted for its pure water quality and lake depth. It has been used by decades as a training ground for Marathon swimmers. Of course, the only marathon you want to do on vacation is a full week of relaxation and good times - and we think we have the spot.
Berry Hill Cottage is your choice for a larger family that needs plenty of space with lots of options. Five bedrooms spread over 2 levels with gathering areas on both levels, two and a half bathrooms and a generous kitchen/dining area highlight this property, even if you haven't looked outside yet. And believe us, you will spend a lot of time looking outside. This is assured by the huge panoramic windows in the living and family rooms and a view that you'll love.
The lead couple in your group will probably lay claim to the master and generous en suite on the main floor, where the living, dining and kitchen areas are at the ready. There is another bedroom on this level as well. If we were to say there are themes to the levels, then we would say that the upper level is all about the relaxation, and the lower level is all about the play. 3 bedrooms, including a bunkbed room for the kids, a family room with Satellite TV and a propane stove, and games area. Looking for something to do evenings and rainy days? The owners have added a pool table and foosball table to the bonus games room on the lower level just for you!
Berry Hill Cottage is on a quiet arm of Ahmic Lake, so you'll have access to all the lake has to offer, without the boat traffic on busy summer days. A generous amount of shoreline gives you an area with a sandy, shallow walk-in area for toddlers and waders as well as deep water swimming. A paddleboat and 2 kayaks will definitely see use by your group, as the bays and islands of Ahmic are a mecca for day-explorers. As you would expect from Almaguin Highlandd and Muskoka cottage rentals, the local towns, such as Magnetawan and Burks Falls, offer quaint shopping, scenic walking and hiking, and some local history museums. Algonquin Park is less than an hour way, and the skating trail at Arrowhead is closer than that! If you are up for a little more exploration, North Bay and Parry Sound are driveable as well for day trips.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Saturday to Saturday in High Season
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3, December 22 - January 7|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$4,500.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - December 21, January 8 - June 22|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 12 (maximum 8 adults + 4 additional children)
- Floor to ceiling windows with magnificent view
- 5 bedrooms - 1 with a king, 2 with queens and 1 with double, 1 with single bunks
- Two 4-piece bathrooms, One 2-piece powder room
- Fully equipped luxury-grade kitchen with microwave, dishwasher (Extra fridge freezer on lower level)
- Central Air Conditioning
- Screened sun room off kitchen/dining area
- Games room with pool table, foosball
- Large wood-burning fireplace
- Propane stove on lower level
- Generator for entire house that automatically engages during a hydro outage and then disengages when the power returns
Outside the Cottage
- Dock with swim ladder
- Picnic table
- Propane BBQ
- Fire pit
- Outdoor furniture
- Paddleboat, 2 kayaks
- Extensive waterfront, sandy, shallow walk-in area
Things you need to know:
- Pets are not permitted at this property
- Linens and towels are provided for all rentals
- Post-rental cleaning service provided for all rentals (cottage is to be left tidy)
- Waterfront exposure is west
“Walk-in” swimmers will enjoy the sandy entry and shallow walkout while swimmers have the option of deeper water at the end of the dock.
Between the opening of the Magnetawan lock in 1886 and 1934, more than 17,000 trips were made by steamships carrying passengers and cargo between Burks Falls and Ahmic Harbour.
- BBQ Grill
- Screened sunroom
- TV Cable/Satellite
- Pedal Boat
- 3D Walkthrough
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.