About This Cottage
Cottage country is gorgeous. Shimmering lakes with islands and rocky outcrops; the call of a loon on a misty morning; a flickering campfire on a starry night…and if you are lucky, a walk for an ice-cream at the end of a busy summer day. And that's what you can do at this great Baptiste village cottage as it's easy walking distance to Birchcliffe Lodge for basic groceries and a frozen treat.
Inside the cottage you are treated to a light and beachy feel in this professionally decorated and designed space. In fact, it was featured in the Kawartha Cottage magazine when the renovation was completed.
The bright living room has comfortable furniture and doors to the deck where there's plenty of seating and the BBQ. The three bedrooms are off the living room and share a full bathroom. We particularly liked the master with great views over the lake and the bunk room that the kids will love.
Once outside, the large lawns offer plenty of space for garden games, and lead to the shoreline and the large dock where you can relax and enjoy the wonderful westerly view.
This is a beautiful area rich in lakes, forests and cottage country roads so rent a canoe, paddleboard or bike from nearby Trips'n'Trails and enjoy some adventure. And for shopping nearby Bancroft has all the supplies you need to cater for yourselves, or enjoy some of the local restaurants.
We loved the location, the ambience and the feel of summer in this super cottage, and know you will too!
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents weekly and Saturday to Saturday only year round
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 26 - September 7|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$1,850.00|
|Low Season: September 8 - October 31, May 1 - June 25|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 7 (Maximum 5 adults)
- 3 Bedrooms (2 queens, 1 with twin bunks and a day bed)
- 1 x 4-piece bathroom an a 2-piece washroom
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- TV with DVD player (no TV reception)
- Unlimited internet access
- Air conditioning
Outside the Cottage
- Deck with patio furniture
- Waterfront dock
- Canoe, inflatable twin kayak, paddleboat, some lifejackets/PFDs
- Propane BBQ
Things you need to know:
- Pets are welcome at this property
- Linens and indoor towels are provided for all rentals; please bring your own outdoor towels
- A post-rental cleaning service is provided for all rentals; however, the cottage must be left in a tidy condition
- The cottage has an northerly exposure
The water is about 2 ft deep at the shoreline with rocks along the edge. It is rocky in places underfoot with some sandy areas. Steps off the dock are into around 5ft of clear water.
The nearby town of Bancroft is located on the York River in Hastings County. It was first settled in the 1850s by United Empire Loyalists and Irish immigrants. From the mid 1950s to about 1982 mining was the primary industry. A village until 1999, Bancroft then merged with Dungannon Township to form the Town of Bancroft. The population at the time of the 2016 Census was 3,881. (Source - Wikipedia)
- BBQ Grill
- Pedal Boat
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- WiFi Unlimited
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.