Balsam Bay Cottage
About This Cottage
Balsam Lake is the most popular vacationing spots in the Kawartha Lakes area. Visitors come for the clear water for swimming, great fishing and boating, and because it’s such a short drive from the city. We are delighted to offer this great cottage to make your stay on Balsam Lake even better!
Just 5 minutes from picturesque Coboconk (known to locals as ‘Coby’), this spectacular home faces south so benefits from the best of the summer sunshine. The lawned gardens are great for ball games, sitting around the firepit or just lazing and enjoying the views, while the swimmers in the group will spend their time in the clear water of beautiful Balsam Lake.
Stepping inside the house, a short hallway leads into the Great Room with soaring cathedral ceilings and huge windows giving the best views of the lake. The walkout to the deck from the dining room gives easy access to the BBQ and outdoor seating area.
Comfortable seating in the living area is complemented by a massive stone fireplace and a pine staircase leading up to the cozy loft that has two day beds and a pullout couch. Make sure you check out the book collection that lines the staircase – there are plenty of reading opportunities here! Two bedrooms are on this level, one is the master with an ensuite bathroom with whirpool tub; the other has a queen bed with a 2-pce bathroom next to it.
A spacious dining area and kitchen are at the other end of the cottage.
The lower level has a comfortable family room with a piano and three more bedrooms, one of which has a sofa bed. There is a full bathroom with as shower too.
Finally, the walkout to the deck offers easy access to the waterfront.
The lawns are fairly level and lead to the dock and waterfront. Access to the water is best off the dock as the shoreline is rocky and water shoes are essential. The depth is about a foot at the shoreline deepening to around 4 – 5 foot at the end of the dock.
Of course there is a firepit and plenty of outdoor seating for endless days and evenings of cottage country fun.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This cottage is offering one 5 week booking only in 2021. July 31-Sept 4
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: July 31 - Sept 4|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps up to 10 (Maximum 6 Adults)
- 5 Bedrooms + Loft (King, 2 queens, 1 double, 1 double pullout, 2 twins in loft)
- 2½ Bathrooms (4-piece; 3-piece and 2-piece)
- Open plan kitchen with stove, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker and toaster
- Dining table seating 8
- Great room with stone propane fireplace
- Satellite HDTV, DVD, VCR and stereo music system
- Excellent cell service coverage with Bell & Rogers
- Wifi internet connectivity
- Washer & Dryer
Outside the Cottage
- Large deck with patio furniture and propane BBQ
- Flat lot with 1' rocky waterfront enrty gradually deepening to 4' off end of dock
- 1 Canoe, paddle boat and child's kayak
- Selection of Life jackets
- 14 x 10' Dock with swim ladder
- Outdoor furniture & fire pit
Things you need to know:
- Waterfront is a south-easterly exposure
- Linens and indoor towels are included for all rentals - bring your own outdoor towels
- A post-rental cleaning service is provided for all reservations; however, guests are to leave the Cottage in a clean and tidy condition on departure
- Only well trained dogs that are fully house trained are permitted
- Fixed and declawed fully litter trained cats permitted. Bring your own litter and box.
The lake is around a foot deep at the shoreline with a rocky entry. At the end of the dock depth is 4 – 5 ft and access is via a dock ladder. The water is clear and weed-free and great for swimmers.
Balsam Lake is located in the Kawartha Lakes region of south central Ontario. It is 16 kms long and averages 3 kms wide, though its actual width varies due to the many large bays that carve into its shoreline. The lake is the highest point of the Trent-Severn Waterway; from here, the waterway descends to Georgian Bay (Lake Huron) in the northwest, and to Lake Ontario in the southeast. The lake offers excellent fishing for bass, walleye, and muskie. (Source: Wikipedia)
- BBQ Grill
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Pedal Boat
- Gas Fireplace
- WiFi Max > 50 GB/wk
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.