A Northern Soul
About This Cottage
This cottage offers Sat-Sat or Mon-Fri rentals in summer.
A Northern Soul Cottage Retreat is a beautiful cottage facing south-west across Growler Lake (also known as Bear Lake and occasionally Bat Lake). Create memories with your family to last a lifetime at this paradise, nestled in an area of absolute tranquility and wilderness beauty, located 2.5 hours North of Toronto.
Three generation families will find ease in gathering at A Northern Soul Cottage Retreat. With 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, this cottage can comfortably sleep 11 guests with a maximum of 8 adults. There are three large bedrooms on the main floor. The master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom and sliding doors to a private deck facing the lake, with a Bistro set for enjoying morning coffee or evening drinks. Bedroom 2 with a queen size bed and Bedroom 3 with two twin beds (idea for children) share 2nd bathroom on the main floor. On the lower level, Bedroom 4 with a queen size bed and Bedroom 5 with a single over double provide plenty more accommodation along with the 3rd bathroom. Playpen and highchairs can be provided upon request makes this an ideal vacation destination for your three generation family.
The fully equipped and spacious kitchen will be the focal point for cocktail hour gatherings while meal preparation gets underway. The large dining table has prime views over the gardens and waterfront as does the comfortable living area. The living room has huge windows from ceiling to floor for a great view of the lake and the dockside.
The screened sunroom to one side of the dining area, is large and furnished well for you to enjoy those balmy summer evenings; play board or card games, or simply watch the sunsets. It walks out to a large deck with BBQ grill and a Patio dining set furniture for enjoying the views and meals in the summer time.
Entertainment is the key feature of the main area on this level with large screen TV, satellite receiver, and a variety of board games/foosball table, videos and DVDs. This is a great spot for the younger members of the group to congregate while those seeking a more peaceful time can enjoy the lounge upstairs. There are sliding doors for walkout to the waterfront.
On this beautiful property, you will find a large dock with Muskoka chairs, good for you to enjoy the lake view, swimming (around 5 feet at the end of dock) and fishing. There is an expanse of sand toward the waterfront and a small beach is offered for easy access to the water. The lakebed is soft and silty underfoot and there is some weed so water shoes are recommended. Canoe, Kayaks and Stand-up paddling board are available for water sports activities. There is a firepit with outdoor chairs and picnic table - the perfect place to roast marshmallows and enjoy some bed-time stories for the children. The lake is small and there is agreement among the owners to restrict the use of motor boats to maintain the tranquility of the environment.
The cottage is professionally cleaned between guests. A la carte linen service is available.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property books Saturday to Saturday only for all weekly rentals
Please note that a $84.75 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$3,450.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - October 9, May 18 - June 21|
|Weekends/Short Stays (Minimum 2 Nights)||$1,350.00
Extra Nights (after 2) - $270.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|Thanksgiving, Victoria Day||$2,025.00
Extra Nights (after 3) - $270.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 11 - maximum of 8 adults
- 5 bedrooms ( 3 queen, 1 double with single bunk over; 1 with 2 twin)
- 3 bathrooms - Master with ensuite; 4 pce; 4 pce
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Living room with fireplace
- Foosball Table
- Family room with satellite 40" HDTV, BluRay DVD player
- High speed satellite wireless internet
- Washer and Dryer
Outside the Cottage
- Large deck with patio furniture
- Fire pit with outdoor chairs and picnic table
- Small sandy play area/beach
- Screened sun room
- Canoe, 2 kayaks and Standup paddle board
Things you need to know:
- Pets are not permited.
- Waterfront is a southern exposure
- Please provide your own linens and towels, except for guests traveling by air.
- Bring your own life-jackets (some adult ones are available)
- Outside watercraft including jet skis are not permitted.
- The use of jet skis, ATVs, motorized boats, skidoos and dirt bikes is not permitted at A Northern Soul. This is not only a request of the owners, but is consistent with the guidance of the Lake Cottage Association.
- A post-rental cleaning service is included in the rental rate, but tidying up is still required.
There is an expanse of sand toward the waterfront and a small beach is offered for easy access to the water. The lakebed is soft and silty underfoot and there is some weed so water shoes are recommended. It deepens gradually to a depth of around 5ft at the end of the dock where it becomes great for swimming.
Enjoy more than 600 pristine lakes, and thousands of hectares of virgin forest and wilderness
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Screened sunroom
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Gas Fireplace
- Labour Day
- WiFi Unlimited
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.