About This Cottage
The name says it all. Well, nearly all…..yes, there are stupendous sunsets and a gorgeous sandy beach, but there’s also a wonderfully welcoming cottage/home with four bedrooms and a sunroom, beautiful lawn and a gazebo. Overall this is the ultimate vacation rental package, and at less than an hour and a half from the city, it’s ideal for short breaks out of season as well as longer summer holidays.
Located at the north end of the small town of Beaverton on the eastern shores of Lake Simcoe, Sunset Beach benefits from a westerly outlook across the lake. Although there are neighbouring homes, there is tree cover that offers a nice amount of privacy to one side and just one property visible on the other. A well-kept lawn leads to a raised deck with wonderful lake views and steps down to the soft sand beach shallow water which is great for small children. The water is shallow for quite a long way out. There is a dock for short term moorings and the boats included in the rental can be pulled out of the water after use. A firepit at the water’s edge will no doubt be the venue for many evenings of wiener and marshmallow roasts as you enjoy the lapping water and the magical canopy of stars.
While we think most time will be spent outside, the interior of this cottage won’t disappoint. It’s more of a home than cottage with everything you might need for a great stay, from the fully equipped kitchen to lots of games, books and surround sound theatre / blueray entertainment. An open -plan kitchen, dining and living room offers comfortable and open accommodation on the main level; a large breakfast bar with stools creates a convivial spot for sharing time with the chef-of-the-day, and a screened sunroom on the lake side can be enjoyed at any time – we thought morning coffee and aperitifs before the evening barbecue!
Sleeping accommodation is split between the two levels with the attractive master bedroom with walk in closet on the main floor . The upper floor has three more bedrooms and another large bathroom while the lower level has a family room, extra shower area, bathroom and computer room with internet hookup.
Beaverton is a small lakeside village with shopping, restaurants, a marina and a newly built supermarket on Hwy 12. With three golf courses in the vicinity and Casino Rama and the city of Orillia just twenty minutes to the north, there is plenty of additional entertainment and places to visit…..if you can tear yourself away from Sunset Beach.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Friday to Friday in High Season
- $300 discount offered for 2 week rentals in high season
- Minimum 3 nights in Low Season
- Christmas and New Years is a minimum of 2 weeks. Special offer of two weeks for $3000.00.
Please note that a $62.15 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 24 - September 5, June 24 - September 5|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$2,750.00|
|Mid Season: December 18 - January 3|
|Low Season: September 6 - December 17, January 4 - June 23|
|Weekends/Short Stays (Minimum 3 Nights)||$1,110.00
Extra Nights (after 3) - $85.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|Thanksgiving, Labour Day, Victoria Day, Easter, Family Day||$1,355.00
Extra Nights (after 3) - $150.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 10 (Maximum 6 Adults)
- 4 bedrooms (3 queens, 1 with Double Bunks (2+2))
- 1 x 4-piece, 1 x 3-piece bathrooms, basement shower room and separate washroom
- Kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave
- Living room with propane log-effect stove
- Satellite HDTV, DVD and CD Stereo System
- Hi-speed wireless internet
Outside the Cottage
- Sandy Beach
- Deck with propane barbecue and patio furniture
- Waterfront dock
- Canoe, paddleboat and some lifejacjkets
- Perennial gardens
Things you need to know:
- Maximum of 2 dogs are welcome at this property
- Linens and indoor towels are provided for all rentals; bring your own ourdoor towels
- A post-departure cleaning service is included with high season rentals. Post-departure cleaning for low season rentals is offered at $100. If you choose not to opt for the cleaning service you must leave the cottage in an 'as found' condition. All cleaning supplies and equipment is provided.
- Cottage has a westerly exposure
The sandy waterfront has shallow entry and deepens very gradually such that 500 metres from the shore the depth is still only around 4 feet. Off the end of the dock the depth is just 2 feet so not suitable for diving.
Settlers, predominantly Scots, began arriving in Thorah Township in the 1820's. Around Calder's mill grew the village of Milton (later called Beaverton) which, in time, had grist, flour, saw and woollen mills, a tannery, a foundry, tradesmen and stores. Churches and schools also soon appeared. (Source - Welcome to Beaverton - History )
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Pedal Boat
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
- Pets Allowed
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking