About This Cottage
This idyllic location right on the shores of Lake Ontario has a shoreline that offers hard sand bottom and shallow water up to the end of July then an expanse of sandy beach appears for the month of August when the water levels change. The cottage is pretty great too.
Only 1 hour and 20 minutes east of Toronto (125 km), this quiet and relaxing lakefront cottage sits on a large grassy and private lot. The spectacular southerly view is the most striking aspect of the location and at night you can see the lights of Rochester across the water. The patio is a great spot to enjoy the views and a set of steps (about 12 stairs) leads from this deck down to the water. which is around a foot deep with hard sand underfoot. During late July, the water level begins to recede which, by early August, leaves a delightul sandy beach. There is a small public beach to one side which is used by neighbouring cottages only.
The lawned gardens have lots of seating on the patio. With a barbecue, firepit and plenty of garden lighting, we can imagine many evenings spent outside listening to the waves lapping at the shore and marvelling at the canopy of stars. The 6-person hot tub with 30 jets and a waterfall feature can be enjoyed year-round.
Entrance to the cottage leads into a living area with sliding doors to the deck and an open-plan living and dining area. The space has been used effectively to create a delightful sitting room with a bookcase packed full of DVDs and paperbacks. There's lots of board games in the armoire so you won't be short of things to do if the weather is less than perfect. The two bedroms are off the living area - one has a queen, the other has a double bed with single bunk over top. The kitchen is comprehensively equipped and has a full size fridge and dishwasher along with laundry facilities. There is a large bathroom off the kitchen.
This is one of the Great Lakes so expect the water to be unpredictable at times with occasional stormy weather offering some of natures great visuals! Watercraft are not provided at this cottage because of this, however you can rent a boat from nearby Brighton Harbourfront Marina. Enjoy the local towns of Colborne, Brighton, and Cobourg and revel in the countryside of Northumberland county to the north. There's cross country skiing in the Northumberland Forest and down hill at Batawa Ski Hill or at Brimacombe, near Oshawa.
This is a terrific location for being as active or relaxed as you want. With plenty to see and do in the area - Presquile Provincial Park within a short distance, and famed Sandbanks a 40 minute drive - as well as the picturesque towns of Cobourg and Port Hope close by, you won't be short of things to do.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- This property books Saturday to Saturday in High Season - Check in time in High Season is 2:00pm and check out time is 10:00am
- Low Season mid-week special - 4-nights for the price of 3 (Mon-Fri) - $770
- Low Season weekend special - 3-nights for price of 2 (Fri-Mon) - $675
|Season||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Oct 11 - Dec 22, 2016||$338||$1,150|
|Dec 23, 2016 - Jan 08, 2017||$333||$1,950|
|Jan 09 - Feb 16, 2017||$338||$1,150|
|Feb 17 - Feb 20, 2017||$333||$1,380|
|Feb 21 - Apr 12, 2017||$338||$1,150|
|Apr 13 - Apr 16, 2017||$333||$1,380|
|Apr 17 - May 18, 2017||$338||$1,150|
|May 19 - May 22, 2017||$333||$1,480|
|May 23 - Jun 30, 2017||$425||$1,450|
|Jul 01 - Sep 14, 2017||$1,950|
|Sep 15 - Oct 05, 2017||$425||$1,450|
|Oct 06 - Oct 09, 2017||$333||$1,480|
|Oct 10 - Oct 12, 2017||$425||$1,450|
|Oct 13 - Dec 21, 2017||$338||$1,150|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps up to 6 (Maximum 4 adults)
- 2 bedrooms (1 Queen; 1 double with single bunk over top ) Sofa bed in living room
- 4-piece bathroom - tub with shower surround
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, beer fridge and many small appliances
- Flat screen TV, satellite (Shaw), DVD player, iPod dock and XBOX 360 entertainment centre
- High speed internet (WIFI)
- Living room with sliding doors to patio
- Dining area with seating for 6
- Ontario Provincial Parks pass included for duration (1 vehicle)
- Large selection of books, DVDs, board games, CDs and video games
Outside the Cottage
- 8-Person Hot Tub
- Propane BBQ
- Large grassy lawn
- Outdoor games (volley ball, badminton, frisbee, croquet)
Things you need to know:
- Waterfront is a southern exposure
- Linens, indoor and outdoor towels provided for all reservations
- Post departure cleaning is included with rentals. The cottage is expected to be left in a tidy condition
- Waterline is high in spring and recedes to reveal a sandy beach in August.
- Pets are welcome at this property
- Cottage exposure is South
A set of steps (about 12 stairs) leads down to the water. During late July, the water level begins to recede which, by early August, leaves a delightul sandy beach. In the spring the water at the foot of the stairs is about a foot deep. There is a small public beach to one side which is used by neighbouring cottages only.
|The local town of Colborne was named after Sir John Colborne, Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada, in 1829. Colborne is the home of the Big Apple, a tourist attraction located along Highway 401. With a height of 10.7 metres (35 ft) and diameter of 11.6 metres (38 ft), the Big Apple is billed as the largest apple in the world. There is an observation deck on top of the apple, a restaurant and other amenities on the premises.|
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Satellite TV
- Short Stays
- Hot Tub
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking