About This Cottage
Fully loaded is the way to describe this super 4-season, pet-friendly cottage rental with a hot tub in the beautiful Kawartha region. We fell in love with this delighful cottage on the beautiful Crowe River. Great fishing, swimming, privacy, and very comfortable accommodation.
Osprey Cottage is in one of our favourite riverside locations on the gently flowing Crowe River, at the eastern edge of the Kawartha region. With a shallow beach area gently sloping out to deeper water for swimming; a south-westerly aspect for sunning and sunset viewing and great fishing right from the shore, this very attractive cottage will suit all the family. The 6-person hot tub is a great attraction for fall and winter.
This is a location for a peaceful vacation – the only access to Crowe Lake is by canoe or kayak so you won’t have the incessant buzz of seadoos to spoil the tranquillity. Just sit and watch the osprey diving for fish, enjoy the otters as they cavort in the water, and perhaps get a glimpse of the elk or deer recently seen in the woodland around the cottage.
The exterior of the cottage is lawned, with surrounding woodland, so there is plenty of room for the kids to enjoy being outside when they’re not in the water. There is plenty of patio and garden furniture on the deck and the firepit at the water’s edge will be the venue for many evenings of marshmallow roasts and fireside conversation.
The owners of this great cottage have furnished with their guests’ comfort in mind. All beds are new with top quality mattresses; the kitchen is fully equipped and the living areas have comfortable sofas and chairs. The deck houses a 6-person cedar hot tub with 36 jets and a waterfall feature.
The open-plan kitchen, dining and living areas have cathedral ceilings and skylights and windows all the way across the riverside aspect makes this space very light and airy. The large master bedroom occupies one end of the cottage, and has great views over the river, as well as an ensuite bathroom. Two more bedrooms and another full bathroom are accessed off the living area. The kitchen is well equipped and has a breakfast bar with swivel stools.
A separate pantry area has another double sink unit and washer/dryer.
There’s lots to see and do in this lovely area. Provincial Parks, plenty of hiking trails, and pretty riverside towns and villages, will keep the country explorers happy, whilst the kayaks, pedalboat, canoe and fishing equipment may just keep you at the cottage. Whatever your particular country activity there is something for you here.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Saturday to Saturday rentals in High Season and Friday to Friday rentals in Low Season
|Season||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Oct 11 - Dec 22, 2016||$375||$1,350|
|Dec 23, 2016 - Jan 08, 2017||$358||$1,975|
|Jan 09 - Feb 16, 2017||$375||$1,350|
|Feb 17 - Feb 20, 2017||$358||$1,555|
|Feb 21 - Apr 12, 2017||$375||$1,350|
|Apr 13 - Apr 16, 2017||$358||$1,555|
|Apr 17 - May 18, 2017||$375||$1,350|
|May 19 - May 22, 2017||$358||$1,555|
|May 23 - Jun 23, 2017||$375||$1,350|
|Jun 24 - Sep 01, 2017||$1,975|
|Sep 02 - Oct 05, 2017||$375||$1,350|
|Oct 06 - Oct 09, 2017||$358||$1,555|
|Oct 10 - Dec 21, 2017||$375||$1,350|
Inside the Cottage
- 3 bedrooms ( 1 queen, 1 queen, 1 double + twin)
- 2 bathrooms (3-piece ensuite with shower; 4-piece with bath & shower over)
- Large, fully-equipped kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, Keurig coffee machine, slow cooker, pancake and Belgian waffle griddles
- Breakfast bar with four bar stools
- Dining table with seating for 8
- Living area with wood stove (propane log effect) & pullout couch
- Satellite TV (Shaw), DVD, VCR, CD stereo system
- High speed satellite wireless internet
- Foosball/Soccer table
- Washer & dryer
- Water cooler
- Large selection of books, DVDs, board games, CDs and video games
Outside the Cottage
- Large deck accessed from four areas
- Outdoor hot tub (36 jets, waterfall feature)
- Shallow entry beach area
- BBQ (connected to cottage propane line)
- Fire pit
- Large grassy area on level lot
- Patio furniture, Muskoka chairs, lounging chairs
- Pedal boat, 2 kayaks, 3-person canoe, stand-up paddle board and life jackets (3A/3C)
- Fishing equipment
- Automatic-start generator in case of Hydro outages
Things you need to know:
- Sleeps 7 (Maximum 6 Adults)
- For low season weekends, midweek and holiday weekend rentals the maximum occupancy is limited to 6 persons
- Waterfront is a southwestern exposure
- Linens and indoor towels provided for all reservations - please bring your own beach towels
- A post-departure cleaning service is included for all rentals; however, the cottage is expected to be left in a tidy condition.
- Pets are welcome at this property
- Water cooler and one jug of water is supplied - refills available at nearby Cordova Mines General Store
- Cottage road is plowed but not sanded in winter - good winter tires or 4WD required
This property has a beautiful level grassy lot that leads right to the waterfront, which has gravelly sand and is shallow, deepening to about 7ft in the middle of the river. The clarity of the water is excellent and there are no weeds. It is great for swimming. There are larger rocks further out into the water so water shoes are recommended.
Havelock is home to the annual Havelock Jamboree held in mid-August, claimed to be Canada's largest outdoor country music festival. Attracting thousands of visitors, the Jamboree features some of country music's top names.
Cottage road is plowed but not sanded in winter - good winter tires or 4WD required
- BBQ Grill
- Beach Access
- Satellite TV
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Short Stays
- Hot Tub
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking