About This Cottage
For those looking for something of good size for a medium size group, this cottage will work well. The cottage has a main floor, with 3 bedrooms, the main bath, the kitchen and dining areas, as well as a living room with a million dollar view and a breezy screened sunroom when you want that "outdoors-but-still-inside" feeling. For many cottages, that would be plenty - and in truth, it would be all you need - but Myers Beach literally pleases on another level. Head downstairs and you will find a wonderful family room, complete with entertainment and a pool table. Adjacent to this is a "mud room", which doubles as a cozy games/reading nook as it enjoys the same view of the water as the living room above. Just off the mud room you will find the sauna room. All this, and we haven't even seen the star attraction yet!
Step outside the cottage, where a gravel path winds around the edge ot the property providing a gradual-sloped access to the beach. The beach is very expansive for an inland lake - as big as you will see when you aren't at Sauble or Wasaga. There are plenty of chairs for you to enjoy the sun, and a good selection of watercraft with which to explore the lake. Swimming is good - there are a few weeds, but not enough to detract from the fun, and the shallow entry is excellent for non-swimmers and younger children.
If you get a day of inclement weather, you might want to explore the region - you are well positioned to do so. The towns of Bala, Port Carling, Mactier, Bracebridge and Parry Sound are all accessible within an hour or less. Cyclists and hikers may want to have a go at the Seguin Trail. You could also pop down to the Historic Midland area if that is your interest. We think the cottage is wonderful in all weather, though - so once you arrive, it just might be a full week before you leave for any reason!
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Saturday to Saturday only, unless specified otherwise on special
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$2,100.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - October 9, May 18 - June 21|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 6 persons
- 3 bedrooms (1 with queen, 2 with double)
- 3-piece bathroom, 2-piece powder room
- Living room with satellite TV, DVD Player
- Lower level family room with TV, pool table, wood stove
- Sauna room with additional shower
- Laundry area with washer and dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Breezy screened-in sunroom overlooking waterfront
Outside the Cottage
- Deck with seating area and BBQ
- Rowboat, canoe, paddleboat, kayak, some life jackets
- Fire pit
- Waterfront dock and patio with seating
- Shallow, sandy lake entry, deepens gradually
Things you need to know:
- Sorry, pets are not permitted
- Linens and towels provided - please bring your own beach towels
- Upon departure, the cottage is to be left in an "as found" condition
- Waterfront is a northern exposure
There is a good size sandy beach that is accessed cia a gravel pathway that runs from the cottage around the side of the property. Accessing the beach directly from behind the cottage is not permitted as the gradient is steep and uneven. Entry to the water is shallow and sandy. There are some weeds to either side but the water is generally good for swimming and wading.
- Satellite TV
- Pedal Boat
- Wood Stove
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.