About This Cottage
With much of cottage country being overtaken by the trappings of urban living - big box stores and McDonalds - it's good to know there are still areas where you can see brilliant starry nights and listen to nothing but the sounds of nature.
Dragonfly Cottage is only a 10-minute drive from Barry's Bay, but you'll feel a world away from the busy-ness of everyday life. Give yourself thirty minutes on the dock with a coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at sundown and let the relaxation flow.
The cottage sits on good-sized lawned gardens with plenty of room for kicking around a ball or having a game of badminton. Enjoy great swimming from the shoreline which is grassed to the shore with a shallow walk-out deepening gradually. The dock is great for fishing or just chilling out.
Inside this newer cottage, you'll find the living and dining area overlooking the lake and sun deck with a neat kitchen to the rear. The three bedrooms and bathroom are off the living space and are comfortably furnished for a great night's sleep.
Since most time here will be spent outside, it was a pleasure to see lounging furniture on the deck for sitting out and enjoying every part of the day.
If you need some activity, try white water rafting at nearby Madawaska Kanu Centre, or tour the area and do the Madawaska Valley Heritage Trail. If you are coming for the Barry's Bay Triathlon or just need to do some training this is a great base too.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property books weekly Sunday to Sunday in High Season
- Check in time is 5:00 pm and check out time is 12:00 pm
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 21 - September 2|
|Weekly (Sunday to Sunday)||$1,485.00|
|Low Season: September 3 - October 15, May 17 - June 20|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 7 (Maximum 6 adults)
- 3 bedrooms (1 queen, 1 double, 1 double with single bunk over)
- 1 bathroom (4-piece with tub and shower over)
- Kitchen with stove, fridge/freezer and microwave
- TV (no reception) and DVD player
- Electric fireplace
Outside the Cottage
- Deck with Propane BBQ and patio table and chairs
- Waterfront dock
- Canoe, 2 kayaks, adult paddleboat, kid's paddleboat, 2 stand-up paddleboards, some lifejackets/PFDs
Things you need to know:
- One well-behaved dog is permitted at this property
- Linens and indoor towels are provided for international guests only
- A post-rental cleaning service is included for all rentals; however, the cottage is to be left in a tidy condition
- The cottage has an easterly exposure
Enjoy great swimming from the shoreline which is grassed to the shore with a shallow walk-out deepening gradually. The dock is great for fishing or just chilling out.
Here’s an Interesting fact: If you like scuba diving, you may want to visit the wreck of the Mayflower - a paddle-ship which sank in 1912. The wreck site is on the north side of the two islands, about 500 yards from the large island heading towards the section of the lake heading to Barry’s Bay. It is usually marked by a white floating jug, and at a depth of about 25 feet to the bottom.
- BBQ Grill
- Pedal Boat
- Stand-up Paddleboard
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.