About This Cottage
Located about an hour and a half from downtown Ottawa, this great cottage is a four-season destination offering fabulous waterfront and water activity in summer and a winter wonderland close to the Mont Ste Marie ski area for snow-fun vacations. There’s a lot to do in every season and we think our guests will fall in love with the cottage and its location.
Drive 15 minutes from Gracefield on picturesque cottage roads and you’ll come across beautiful and tranquil Lac Heney. Backed by pine covered hills and dotted with rocky outcrops this is a paradise of blue and green, and Deer Point enjoys a stunning west facing setting with lawns and a lakefront deck area set into the rock. The waterfront varies from sandy beach with shallow entry to deeper off the point so whether you want to swim in deep water or just play in the shallows with the kids, there something for every age group and ability.
The cottage sits just below the lightly-travelled cottage road and there’s a bay with several parking spaces. Steps lead down to the wrap around deck and entry to the cottage which has a mud room – great in the winter for boots and coats – before accessing the main door. There’s a large and well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and stools to one side of the large main level; to the waterfront side is a living area with comfortable leather furniture and a fireplace for fall and winter warmth. A dining area off the living room takes advantage of the fabulous views from the windows stretching across the waterside. Sliding doors lead to the large deck overlooking the beautiful gardens and water and there’s plenty of patio furniture for outdoor dining, as well as a propane barbecue.
The master bedroom and a second bedroom share a bathroom off a hallway, and since there are two more bedrooms and another large bathroom on the lower floor, this cottage is ideal for two families who want to enjoy time together yet have their own privacy. There’s further seating with a table for games & card playing on the lower level, as well as the TV with a DVD and video player. Please note the there is no TV reception at the cottage. The TV is for the operation of the DVD only.Another door to the exterior makes access even easier.
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property rents Saturday to Saturday in High Season and weekly only
- This property rents full weeks only in low season
Please note that a $62.15 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 23 - September 4|
|Weekly (Saturday to Saturday)||$2,200.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - October 9, May 19 - June 22|
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps 8 (max 6 adults)
- 4 bedrooms – 3 double and 1 with double futon
- 2 full bathrooms each with tub + shower over
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, stove, fridge & microwave
- Breakfast bar with stools
- Attractive dining area with lake views
- Living area with wood-burning fireplace insert
- Large patio doors off living area leading to deck
- TV, DVD player in family room. There is no television reception at the cottage. The TV is to view DVD's only.
Outside the Cottage
- Large deck with outdoor furniture and propane barbeque
- Lawned area
- Shallow walk in to water with hard sand underfoot
- Waterfront deck with Muskoka chairs
- Picnic table
Things you need to know:
- Pets are not allowed
- Linens are not provided
- A post rental cleaning service is available for $100, to be booked and payable in advance to the Owner.
- Waterfront is a south-westerly exposure
The waterfront varies from sandy beach with shallow entry to deeper off the point
- BBQ Grill
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Summer: Sat-Sat only
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer. NOTE that directions are approximate. Exact directions are provided upon booking