Crowe River Cottage
About This Cottage
This is a newly acquired cottage for the owners who are looking to create a beautiful and relaxing space for their guests. There will be some furniture changes to those shown in the photographs however the high standard of furniture and furnishing will be maintained.
This cottage ticks all the boxes! It's very private with no visible neighbours to either side; has wonderful weed-free swimming; is fully loaded with all the amenities you'd possibly want, and is in a beautifully tranquil location.
Inside you'll find a delightful layout with a central eat-in kitchen with stools around a large breakfast bar and a dining table to one side. There are two walkouts to the main deck where the BBQ and patio table beckon. A hallway leads to the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom featuring a large walk-in shower and jetted tub. There's another walkout to the deck and hot tub. Another bedroom and full bathroom are also off the hallway.
From the dining area, steps lead up to a mezzanine level with a spacious living area and yet another walkout to an upper balcony deck – a great spot to sit and enjoy a morning coffee or aperitif before dinner. A queen bedroom and adjoining two-piece bathroom are on this level, as well as the sauna.
The fully-finished basement has 2 more bedrooms, a large family room, reading room and yoga/gym area in the sunroom. Just imagine your morning yoga session with views of mist rising off the river offering a magical experience.
The Crowe River flows out of Belmont Lake which is easily accessible by boat. You may not want to leave the serenity of the river though as the water is rarely ruffled by wind or passing boats and is calm from the summer onwards. It's like having your own private swimming pool - a big one! Children will love to fish right off the dock and usually make a catch within minutes of casting a line.
This is a great spot to get away for a winter break too. Take a walk along the local fire routes and watch for deer, snow hares and the occasional moose. Relax in the hot tub as the snow gently drifts down and follow that up with a sauna, or curl up with a good book in front of one of the propane fireplaces.
Book this one quickly – it won’t last long!
- Checkin only
- Checkout only
Rate and Rental Information
- Please note that bookings less than 7 days in advance are subject to confirmation of availability with owner
- This property books Friday to Friday in Summer High Season.
- Christmas/New Years require weekly bookings, either Fri-Fri or Sat-Sat
- High season check in time is 6:00 pm, and check out time is 11:00 am
Please note that a $73.45 (including tax) booking fee applies to all bookings
Please note that a $7.91 per day (including tax) Accidental Damage Waiver applies to all bookings
|High Season: June 22 - September 3, December 22 - January 7|
|Weekly (Friday to Friday)||$4,375.00|
|Low Season: September 5 - December 21, January 8 - June 22|
|Weekends/Short Stays (Minimum 2 Nights)||$1,390.00
Extra Nights (after 2) - $457.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
|Holiday Weekends (3 Nights)|
|Thanksgiving, Labour Day, Victoria Day, Easter, Family Day||$2,085.00
Extra Nights (after 3) - $457.00
Note - after 7th night, pro-rated weekly price applies
Inside the Cottage
- Sleeps up to 14 (max 8 adults)
- 5 Bedrooms (3 on main floor all with queens. 2 on lower floor, 1 with queen and 1 with 2 doubles-each with single bunk over)
- 2 bathrooms (ensuite 4-piece, 3-piece with double shower and 2 x 2-piece washrooms (one ensuite))
- Shower panel & therapeutic air bath tub in master ensuite bathroom
- Dining table with seating for 10
- Living area with double walk-out to upper deck
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Second fridge/freezer in family room
- TV (Netflix only) & DVD player with movies
- Downstairs Family Room with games room riverside and walk-out
- Gym/Yoga area
- High-speed wireless internet
- 2 x Log-effect propane stoves
- Washer & dryer
- Central Air Conditioning & ceiling fans in all 3 upstairs bedrooms
- Board games, books, air hockey, ping pong & dartboard
Outside the Cottage
- Outdoor 6-person hot tub (36 jets)
- 2-level deck with patio table and propane BBQ
- Riverside deck with swing set
- Fire pit
- Dock with swim ladder (not available between late-September and mid-May)
- Canoe, rowboat and life jackets (2A/2C)
- Auto-start generator
Things you need to know:
- A post-rental cleaning service is included for all rentals; cottage is to be left in a tidy condition
- Indoor linens and towels are provided; please bring your own outdoor towels
- Location is 40 minutes east of Peterborough
- One well-behaved dog is permitted at this property
- The cottage has a south-easterly exposure
There are steps down to the dock area and the water is 2-3 feet deep along the waterfront but 5 feet deep at the entrance to the boat house. The river is around 7 feet deep in the middle and the river bed is rocky so water shoes are stongly recommended. Note: the dock is removed from late-September to late-May/early-June.
Of all the Hastings County gold rush communities, the nearby hamlet of Cordova Mines was probably the most well known. Cordova Mines operated from 1860 on and off for about 60 years, producing both silver and gold. Gold production was by far the main commodity and more than 22,000 ounces were produced over a 50-year period. (Source Ontario Ghost Towns )
- BBQ Grill
- Fireplace, Wood/Gas
- Hot Tub
- Gas Fireplace
- Summer: Fri-Fri only
- New Listing
- Labour Day
- WiFi Unlimited
- We've Stayed Here
- Pets Allowed
- Air Conditioning
- Winter Rentals
Things to do
DistancesDistances shown are "as the crow flies".
Driving distances will be longer.